Monday, October 19, 2009

towards the convergence

I'm slowly transferring links from my favorites toolbar to this place, so I should apologize in advance for not supporting these excellent writers. In case you're curious, recent additions to the blogroll include:

Weer'd World- a fellow sailor/ ... living a parallel existence, Weer'd and I travel many of the same roads in the blogosphere.

The Quincy Scallion-
A first rate source of South Shore Politics and inside jokes relevant to the 6 people in the city of Quincy MA (Home of more dead presidents than any except for 6 other cities) who know how to read, and the teeming masses of people who pass through on their way from someplace better to someplace also better at some point in their lives.

Watt's up with that? is a scientific website dedicated to rigorous examination of the science and theory employed in climate research. As a skeptical semi-trained scientist who was taught to "mistrust authority' on day one at university, I find the lack of political influence on this website to be completely refreshing.


People of Wal-Mart. This one is sort of a guilty pleasure. As a frequent patron of Super Wal-Marts all along the Atlantic seaboard, and also along the US Gulf coast, this is also a stroll down memory lane... sort of a stroll down the of low-lights of Wal-mart visits past.

Manu's Scripts. I've been reading this blog for quite a while. I have a lot to be jealous of here. Manu is an experienced and exceptionally well-travelled ship's master... and a sublime writer.



That's it for tonight. More to come.

2 comments:

Ken E Beck said...

I'm with you on Manu's Script. Anyone that can take a big car ship on the Northern Europe run in the winter time and keep their reputation intact has got my respect. The German Bight in winter, on a car ship, is a bitch. And, like you said, he can write.

Paul, Dammit! said...

Yup. I've bunkered a few car ships in the past month, and I have to say, they're right awkward looking.