Thursday, October 22, 2009

...

So, my father is in the hospital this week after undergoing a lung biopsy. He's already lost one lung to cancer, and the other one is looking a bit iffy. It's early days yet, although the biopsy results look promising so far. His problems in the one good lung seem to be something other than cancer, which I take as a good sign.
No one expected my father to live to see 1990 and here, 20 years past his anticipated expiration date, he's still going. All the same, it really really sucks to be 400 miles away for work... but if I came home every time he went into a hospital, I'd never keep a job. Still, this puts a big damn spotlight on the negative aspects of this job. Time lost can never be regained.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for ya. I've been there, long distances from home when parental units enter the hospital. Best of luck to you and your father.

Sandy said...

That should make us all make the most of the time we have with our loved ones. Man, do I wish I could go back and get a "do-over" with my Dad......