Saturday, October 29, 2022

Advancing Rearward

 Ever since I got aboard the HQ earlier in the week, I've been getting bombed with negative news. 

    The single largest benefit to a life spent on boats is that there is almost always something pretty to see while you piss over the side. I can't overstate the value of inspirational views while filling the ocean back up.  One of the secondary benefits is that I don't have to participate fully in the rat race. And I'm mostly not into social media, and yet, why, in the name of the seven mad gods of the sea, do I pour over the news? There's nothing there but links to click and more bad shit. 




           So... yeah, amidst my preparations for suppuku I realized that there is an easy solution. I cracked open a new book to read. Fiction. 

   Seriously, I gotta stop reading the news. I have neither an unlimited supply of Lisinopril or patience. 


1 comment:

doubletrouble said...

My friend the Pirate-
I turned off the tv 30 years ago (broadcast), & within the last 2 years stopped all “social media” & reading the news & etc. online. Much still ‘leaks through’, but my sanity has improved. Lisinopril dosage has decreased as well.
Remember Him through all this.
Best regards…