Friday, October 21, 2022

A Former Bostonian in Boston

 They say you can't go home again. Son of a bitch, that sure turned out to be accurate. 


    Inappropriately Hot Foreign Wife flew into NY last week to meet me, and while we had other plans, a last-minute crewing issue caused me to get ganked right off the HQ and put on a gasoline barge that... wasn't a pleasant place to work. With the timing of my crew change in question, I changed plans,  and so the wife and I rented a car in NY and drove to Boston to see friends and family. 

What followed was a VERY busy time. Mostly wonderful. 


 I drove my my old neighborhood, to see where my childhood home used to be. It was leveled and a massive and really pretty house was put on the lot, which given it's location was worth more than the nice and sunny but small raised ranch I grew up in. So, no going home there.  That was a weird feeling.  

I definitely didn't get to see everyone I wanted to see, but we did pretty good. We got to spend time with friends and family we hadn't seen in years, literally.  Now I'm at home again, my real home in Florida. I've got the weekend and then it's time to head back to work. 

No comments: