Wednesday, November 24, 2021

First Watch

 OK, back at work again.  Rather than use this as another Dear Diary post, I'll say that it was awesome, but my wife had a crisis at her workplace that she had to unfuck and I spent a lot of time translating documents back and forth. For all her efforts, mastery of medical and legal-grade English is elusive. Mastery of medical and legal-grade Portagee on my part also is not very good. Hell, mastery of English on my part ain't wicked pissa either, if we're being honest.  Either way, all's well that ends well, and I'm back on board. 


 I got my trash stowed away and made up my bunk, and was pleasantly happy to see that we had no orders for Thanksgiving or for after that, as well.  Since I stayed last night at the whore-and weed-saturated hotel my company puts us up in for crew change, I slept only fitfully, as is tradition, and so I caught a 4 hour nap prior to my first watch. I woke up to see we have a bunch of cargoes fixed for the next 5 days or so, but tonight, my first watch, I am free. I'll be working for Thanksgiving, so I guess I'll have to be thankful for my job, but will likely be eating Thanksgiving standing up and one handed. So it goes. 



No comments: