Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!

 I've got 90 minutes free before I have to start making bread for the rolls, but I wanted to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there, especially to those who aren't home to enjoy dinner with family. 


 I am very grateful to have a great partner/friend on board the HQ, B Himself. We've been working together for 10 years now, and God willing we'll have at least another 10 more. 


 I'm setting aside eating healthy for the next 2 days to feast. I'm down 53lbs so far this year, don't want to stop now, but I'm going to be dining well today. 


 I come from the place where Thanksgiving happened, which always made it sort of special, and next to Easter, my favorite holiday.  So today we celebrate when a bunch of religious exiles came to this wonderful nation, experienced great hardship, and then successfully withstood enormous peer pressure from the natives who tried to bribe them in an effort to commit genocide on all other native tribes from Maine to Connecticut. 


 Not only did those brave people not commit genocide, they shared their faith with all natives, and over time, taught many of them to not commit infanticide or practice cannibalism. For these brave souls I am grateful too. 

 

4 comments:

Craig said...

Happy Thanksgiving

doubletrouble said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours, Mr. Pirate!





Captain Jill said...

Thanks for sharing your stories.
I am also out on a boat this Thanksgiving and so very thankful to have the work. Luckily, we have a good cook and he saved me a plate for mid-rats. Working 1800-0600 watch is rough this time of year, never seeing the sunlight. Looking forward to crew change soon and then getting to see friends and family missed for the holiday offshore.
Take care,
Jill

Heath J said...

Sounds like proper boat thanksgiving.

Cheers to you and yours, hope it's great.