Thursday, January 12, 2023

The view from home.

I think every mariner, especially brown-water mariners like me who generally only work for a month at a time, spends half their time home doing chores. I guess it's inevitable. Work-life balance and all. 

Once the chores are under control, though, work-life balance shifts to the Life part, which is a good thing. 

Boss lady undressing me with her eyes. I should file a complaint. 

 


 Under normal circumstances, getting me to go to anywhere urban on a volunteer basis is unlikely to happen without resistance. The suburb I live in is as developed a place as I'm able to enjoy for the most part and I only live in a suburb because Inappropriately Hot Foreign Wife is not a country girl and is much to social a being to enjoy isolation. And I actually like the little gated community I live in. Never thought I'd say that, but it's so. 


    In any event I'm home having a nice time with my wife, and she even got me to spend the night in Fort Lauderdale, which is a city, but a city with beaches and miles of canals. Naturally I ended up herding her down to the waterfront. We're in a cold snap here in South FL, which means it's 65 at night. 











Anyhowsomever, I still have a week home, so I'm going to enjoy it. Don't wait up. 


No comments: