Monday, January 23, 2023

The joy of being less sick.

 Man, I'm so happy I feel a little better compared to the other day. 


    I just have a cold and now a cough. The way I was whining you'd think I had a tumor. 


    Still, after 3 days of being unable to breathe well, unable to sleep well and having all the energy of a slug, just feeling less sick felt great.    Plus, the 2 days of heavy rains and working night watch, and being almost exclusively outside wasn't the tits either.  

 I'm feeling much better. The gallon or so of snot in my sinuses is still there like a glacier, but I think ice-out is coming. If lung clams were selling at the price of cherrystones I'd be raking in the cash. 


 Did you ever notice that when your sinuses finally clear out all at once after a cold, they always do so at a place and time where you have neither enough tissue nor privacy to quietly expel the pint of so of snot that comers out? Always, you end up with a postage-stamp piece of tissue, and you're in public, and out comes a bucket of boogers. Always. I mean, it never happens when you're in the head, or your bedroom... always it's in public, and that snot stampede isn't the sort that can be handled via ye olde snot rockets, either. No, it's always got to be a crisis. 

   Still, I'm at work. Maybe it will finally break my way this time. 




No comments: