Thursday, January 19, 2023

Sick

 Well, now, some dickbag gave me a cold. 


      Every time I get a cold, I remember that I rarely get colds. I used to commute to college in my undergrad days- a 30 minute walk, then a 30 minute bus ride, then a 30 minute subway ride, each way.  This was in Boston, where the "T," the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, is the public transportation system. 

    The T is patronized by dirty, dirty people. I averaged 3-4 colds a year, one flu with fever, and one case of bronchitis (which I am prone to, for some reason. My lungs are scarred enough that it freaks out X-ray techs, who all scream tuberculosis, every time).  


 After college? I've had bronchitis once, and a cold maybe every 3-4 years, if that. 


 So, yeah, while I'm grateful I don't have the Chinese Disease, I feel like crap. Welcome back to work, asshole. 


   We started off the first watch with confusion and cargo, and while I definitely have that slow thinking slow reacting dullness that comes with being under the weather, we unfucked the job on hand, and, gratefully, after my first watch was so busy, my second, tonight, is quiet. I can sit in my chair and complain to myself to my heart's content. 


1 comment:

Irish said...

Hope you get better soon Paul.

The "T". BTDT once or twice when I went to Northeastern. F**K That.

Stay safe.