Wednesday, March 30, 2022

  I got back on board at about the usual time to start my next tour. 


     We were picked up by a launch fairly early, which was nice, as the 1-hour ride back to the Brooklyn office sucked up some time, and from there I had a quick meeting to go over my summary and comments about my trainee these past 2 weeks, whereupon I got to take a brisk 20 minute walk to the grocery store and load up for 10 days or so's worth of greenstuff and staples. 

              So far so good. Now, at this point I've been up for about 20 hours and I sucked down an energy drink, but rather than making me feel a little better, it made me nauseous. First time that happened. Even so, I loaded up a taxi with my groceries and headed back to the office, where there was one of our big tugboats waiting to pick up widows and orphans- which is to say tankermen, who generally travel solo or in pairs, vs. our tugboat crews, who travel en masse. I was fortunate to be the last man on, and  traveling only to the nearest anchorage, which meant that I was first one off after a short 20 minute ride out on one of our pokey tugs.  It was nice to catch up with friends and shipmates, and catch up on the news, which as is normal, mostly consisted of 'Hey, you know who's a real asshole?' and then everyone agreeing or not. 

   Suitably informed for the next few weeks, I got my grub and my trash (food and seabag) aboard and stowed, and by noon I was in my room and asleep. 


 Now it's late evening and I'm on watch, waiting for a tug to come by and herd us into a loading berth. 


 It's been absolutely blissful to sit here on the HQ, so clean, organized and quiet, relative to the former HQ, which... is no longer that way.  

   Anyhow, I've got a few moments to sit and just be, so Ima go do that now. 

 

No comments: