Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Productivity to 11

 I'm still at home enjoying the sun and warmth (but not too much warmth. It's been sunny and 75 most days). 


 Without social media to clog up my day, I'm finding that I have much more time on my hands, and my productivity has gone way up. I spend less time in the bathroom scrolling and instead move on to the essential paperwork directly. I have my breakfast and read the news using a headline aggregator that keeps that process down to about 5-10 minutes. I've lost touch with some good folks, and that I lament, but in the meanwhile, I have had a couple of great phone calls with friends up north whom I hadn't spoken to in depth for over a year. 



 Inappropriately Hot Foreign Wife has unfortunately been hard at work the past few months which has left me with more alone time than I'm used to. As a result, we, in our time together, took one of our spare bedrooms and converted it to a home office... but I built a murphy bed that looks like a slightly chunky bureau rather than a bookcase there, even so, for guests, since it's the only first floor 'bedroom' in my house, and not everyone who might visit is cool with a flight of stairs. Building a murphy bed is not something I recommend. There's a reason why good ones are so expensive when you buy them already made. 

 Along with the bedroom, my garage, my place of power, has been undergoing a more significant series of changes and improvements in organization. It's 8am and I haven't even been out there yet, so I have to wrap this up today. This morning I'm making a rolling Toolbox Of Misery (a toolbox full of sandpaper, steel wool, spare sawblades and sharpening stones, the tools everyone really, really hates using and that I spend a lot of time hatefully using) and after that, finally, I can start to work on some more fun things, like reducing the pile of scrap wood that I don't have the spine to just throw out. 

 Time to make all the things. 


No comments: