Friday, December 31, 2010

blech

While I was ashore the other day, I bought a couple of potato knishes at the local supermarket. My dad was a big fan of knishes, and when I saw them, I thought I'd give 'em a try.
So, when I woke up this evening for watch, I nuked my knishes. They tasted like unsalted mashed potatoes made with water instead of milk. Bland as balls, is what I'm saying.

And now I've got hideous indigestion. Maybe the second or third time in my whole life. This blows.
I went shopping in Brooklyn, fer gossakes, not Tijuana. Meanwhile, my guts feel like the office water cooler looks when everyone's getting their drink on.

Also, happy New Year. I hope New York has fireworks at midnight. I'm spending half my time outside so I don't stink out my galley, anyways. Godamn fancified potatoes.

5 comments:

doubletrouble said...

"...I nuked my knishes."

That sounds like a personal problem.

Next time you're up Wista way, stop into Weintraub's deli on Water St. (Kelly Sq. exit 13 off 290)- all Kosher, & the best damn latkas/knishes this side of Tel Aviv.

Oh yeah, & HNY back atcha.

Paul, Dammit! said...

I'm not so sure about Knishes after my experience tonight. I'm still queasy, 8 hours later.

Anonymous said...

maybe you should start off with something a little simpler, like a cup of matzah ball soup.

Paul, Dammit! said...

No, I just can't do that. Those poor Matzah's.



Sorry, word games are like crack to me.

Anonymous said...

Then I guess a plate of prarie oysters would be out of the question.