Sunday, October 5, 2008

What's in a name?


OK, so, in all seriousness, couple of things before I sign off and we head to New York.

1- check out Velu's blog and see things from a Captain's perspective. Very cool, and the man has a gift for language that far exceeds my dry style.

2. You know I picked Paul The Pirate for my screen name, but after four years of sweat and fear, modern piracy finally made the news when the Somalian pirates went pro and ripped off a ro-ro full of tanks and munitions off of Africa. The industry has been complaining for some time about this issue, 'bout time someone else took notice. Kennebeccaptain himself talks about his own experiences as master of a ship that regularly passes through the Malacca Straits, ground zero for piracy in the modern world.

3. One of the guys on board actually pooped his pants when he sneezed while carrying a 70-lb chunk of steel up a ladder today. This ranks up with 'man getting hit in crotch by football' for tasteless humor.

Hey, I'm not here to be tasteful and refined. I do enough of that stuff when I'm home with my family.


Talk to you next week. You stay classy.
p

3 comments:

Bill Elms said...

nothing like pooping your pants. Poop: The Great Equalizer

Anonymous said...

NEVER trust a fart!

Velu said...

Hey ! Thanks for the link. I got down from the ship. Your blog is turning out to be pretty intersting. Keep up the good work.

Cheers & congrats of the vetting.

Velu