Friday, December 22, 2023

Hey, who shat in the Santa Hat?

 With Christmas coming up on Monday, The gods of the Office (Long may they manage; long may they shit light on the heads of the damned) headed home early today, leaving us with a tentative schedule of  cargo ops for the next 4 days.  It's a mixed bag. On the one hand, I'm free tonight, which is nice. OTOH, it looks like Christmas day will be a pisser, and busy.

    So it goes. 


     I'm generally late to pull my santa hat out of the bottom of my locker, where it is located for storage along with pocket change, balled up store receipts, one sock from 2012, 4-6 Qtips of questionable provenance and 3-4 unwrapped Jolly Ranchers.  Tomorrow's the day. Good day for a lint- crusted Jolly Rancher too. 


   I'm late to pull out my Santa hat because 1), it's just a little too small, and therefore slightly uncomfortable and 2) I remember one boat at Christmas when someone shit in the santa hat and left it on the icemaker. 


 Seriously, every sailor, and even the sailors of the US navy who can't navigate from A to B without doing an elephant walk and following the one guy in the fleet who can read a chart,  in the course of a long enough career, has had to deal with a Phantom Shitter aboard. 

    Well, my experience came with, along with an unlikeable mate's coffee cup, someone crapping in a santa hat. 

     Even though I know it's not going to happen, I still don't leave my santa hat out where someone can mistake it for a polling station when they go and Vote Someone Aff The Island with their ass. 




No comments: