Saturday, August 22, 2015

should I be surprised?

Man, what the fuck happened to Yahoo?

       I used to keep Yahoo as my home page, as my primary email address has always been there. I've had the same email address since 1996. I used to be able to get a quick read of some headlines and a sampling of what's happening in the news before I signed in each day.

 Now when Yahoo comes up I cringe. It's all clickbait and celebrity bullshit. Look, Kim Karhoozits has a nice set of bombs and her ass it pretty good too, but she's fucking retarded, but every other Yahoo headline is about her fucking family. This is driven by the same women's demographic that results in the find magazine selection available at the conveyor belt at your local grocery store.

 2 soldiers wrestled an armed terrorist and disarmed him on a train in Belgium. I had to search for that story, because the headline was all about how some other black girl who sings, or dances, or whatever, I don't even really know who she is, but with a nice ass was having her wax likeness at a museum molested.
    When the apocalypse comes, I'm going to burn readers of People magazine for fuel, and eat readers of Cosmo, and what will come out 12 hours later are readers of Yahoo.

3 comments:

STxAR said...

I'm pretty sure that the massive algorithm that defines what is displayed when you log on to Yahoo is driven by what you spend the most time viewing. So, it appears that you just confessed to the world to spending your time on celebrity gossip. HEHEHEHE....

Paul, Dammit! said...

Nope- that would be the way of it, if you allowed cookies. Between Pale Moon, blocking software and a cookie-deleting add-on from Mozilla, no one can track my browsing for targeted media. I'm looking at Yahoo's default offerings for general viewing. And it's awful depressing.

STxAR said...

Whew! You had me worried. I figured you left your pc on, and your IHFW was cruising around. Have a good cruise! From the land 10 miles from the surface of the sun...