Friday, February 7, 2014

The Harbor Whore, 2014 edition

Welp, I got yanked off my own tub and placed on another to cover for an injured tankerman. The barge I'm working is our out-and-out busiest in New York, so they needed someone who knows the work. My replacement, the guy covering for me, is our eldest tankerman. Father Time is a kindly elderly gentleman who is a famous grazer and I'm pretty sure was an AB on the Ark with Noah. He is able to satisfy the Coast Guard's legal crewing requirements, and, as I recall from working with him before, makes people want to work harder, and the dude's a senior citizen and shouldn't be killing himself. So I can't complain too much. I'm inconvenienced by being here, but then again, so is my watch partner at HAWSEPIPER's Afloat Global HQ/Senior Center.

No comments: