Saturday, February 22, 2014

home stretch... but not really.

There's just 4 more watches to get through on this tour here at HAWSEPIPER's Afloat Global HQ/ Floating Day Care for Indigents and A-Holes. My 4 weeks are done, and it's almost time to get ashore and go home...

 except...

 The seagoing arm of the B family is moving in a few months, and I have the opportunity to jump ship for two weeks to fill another man's shoes and pay for the entire relocation in just one shot. I'll be breaking my promise to Inappropriately Hot Foreign Wife and AGAIN putting money before family in the short-term by not coming home when I'm supposed to.

 Honestly, I don't believe that this will be another year of 320+ days at sea. At least I hope it won't. It WILL mean a 10-week tour, followed by just 2 weeks with my family before heading out again. On the other hand, doing this means I can pay for what is increasingly looking like a long distance move in cash, eliminating the need for even sniffing around the savings account.

 Inappropriately Hot Foreign Wife is a pragmatist, thank God. When I told her my plan, she simply sighed and said "Okay, hohnee, I unn'rstan chu. Be careful! Chu keep workeeng and workeeng now, when chur wife is still beautiful and fun. If chu no careful, when chu are finally ready to slow down, I weel be old and boring,"

 Woman's got a point. I can do this. I think. I had some issues with explosive anger last time I did this. Thank God I've got awesome shipmates here at the HQ, who can put up with my weirdness, and I with theirs.
But holy dogshit, if it snows *again* all bets are off, and I'm going to lose my shit. Longest winter ever.

No comments: