Monday, January 20, 2014

All kinds of awesome stuff

I've been enjoying my impromptu "normal" vacation time. I threw in the air bunnies because I haven't taken my regularly-scheduled 2 weeks off in months and months. I haven't taken 2 weeks off in two consecutive rotations in a row in... 2 years? Something like that anyhow.

 So, yeah. In that time I installed after-market parts on my beloved truck (step 1 of 20: put on a bug shield), bought and used a breadmaker (fucking awesome), got blind stinking drunk with some of my best friends from Kindergarten (35 years ago!), vomited sushi (see the part about visiting friends from Kindergarten), Discussed John chapter 3 with my kid and how it relates to being a good and upright man, threw a copy of James Joyce's 'Dubliners' in the ocean (where it belongs, via a sewage plant, but who has the time?), shut off the 'check engine' light in my wife's car (breakthrough in understanding trouble codes!), and made moonshine in an evap made from a radiator. Also, apple pie moonshine is now a thing, and in 30 days, it might not taste like apple-scented formaldehyde.
All in all, pretty productive. And I've got another week left.

2 comments:

B said...

Careful. Moonshining is illegal. Taxes or not.

Don't ask me how I know.

Paul, Dammit! said...

Nope- in minimal volumes, for personal consumption, it's perfectly legal...yet still gives the thrill.