Thursday, March 29, 2012

Quick thought...

Philadelphia, the principal international seaport for the Rust belt, is-a no nice.

  To wit:   I get back to work, look over my somewhat dingy and dusty decks here at the afloat global HQ. Last night it rained for about 20 minutes. When the rain cleared, it had washed off the old dirt and dust, and deposited a film of rust and dirt over EVERYTHING. The rain actually made the deck dirtier.  And that is a fine synopsis of this place.
    I like Philly because parts of it remind me of Boston. brick cowpaths that are insanely left intact to become the city's roads. Architecture and history that only a Boston resident would be so spoiled as to find du jour.  But that's about it. Dirty, crime ridden and otherwise, no.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are spot on.

HT said...

I feel your pain!

Cliff Smith said...

Ah! Philthadelphia, that's what I used to call it when, I worked into it. I didn't lose anything there that, I would want to go back for.