Wednesday, April 22, 2009

back again

After a solid two weeks at home, I have come back to work with the hope of more free time and the opportunity to get caught up on some rest. Yeah. It was that busy.
I spent the past two weeks preparing and pumping out paperwork related to having a family and taking care of them. Mostly a pain in the ass, but it's also mostly over. We also celebrated The Boy's sixth birthday. If you can imaging 20 5-year olds and 20+ screaming Brazilian mothers, you'll get an idea. The whole thing was done at a Chuck E. Cheese's, and, to their credit, they didn't bar us from returning- I guess that that noise level is normal, but damn, my hands were shaking on the ride home.
So, lots of stuff going on. The Boy is having some minor surgery before I return home next time, and Inappropriately Hot Foreign Wife is planning a short vacation to Brazil- her first opportunity to see her family in NINE years. Yeah. Next time I return to work, she and The Boy will be taking a long-deserved voyage home.

Anything I can add after that last paragraph just pales in comparison, so I'll close with this. I am back to work, and I am ready to bust ass. More later.

No comments: