Monday, April 10, 2023

They say that the mind is the first thing to go

 ... and this morning I was going to write about the Second thing to go, but now I'll be damned if I remember what it was. That's a bummer. First time in a while I was inspired to write and had a good subject and everything, fertile ground, and here I am, can't remember shit.


   Part of getting older. Speaking of, so apparently I have skin cancer now.   Biopsy results came back. I tested positive for overwhelming masculine charm and also skin cancer. So I have to have something dug out of my face and also on my back when I get home. I got the one you want, though, when you have to have skin cancer. Locally nasty, not particularly inclined to spread. So with stitches in my melon and on my back, I can't swim nor wallow in the jacuzzi, two of my favorite evening activities at home, so that's a bummer. I have a fairly sizeable landscaping project I wanted to knock out, hopefully I can do that at least. Given my complexion (corpse white but florid, politely called "ruddy' ) and my inability to work for long indoors, it's inevitable. Also, I live in Florida, duh. 

     So I went back to work one week early, to make a little bank, and tomorrow is normally my fly-in day  for crew change Wednesday morning. It feels like I've already been here forever, and my regular tour doesn't even start for 48 hours, lol. 


         






3 comments:

Rob said...

Good luck with your cancer... I had mine cut out (chest & back) in '92. Wear a hat.

pjk said...

Good luck with the recuperation - I keep waiting to get it myself, but so far no issues.

doubletrouble said...

Good luck with the treatment, & a prayer your way. had a form of that a couple years ago, & this week marks my second year clean.
Best…