Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Deep in a mild grind

 So, one week in today, and I'm well into the routine- today we run dog watches (because they're cur-tailed, har har!), as I shift from working the night watch to the days. Today is warm and sunny, very pleasant outside, and we're at anchor, so I spent the morning spot painting outside, just enjoying the breeze. There aren't too many painting days left, and we have already done what we set out to do this year, painting-wise. 

 Really, I'm just in the grind now. We've got work coming up, and the schedule has been pretty humane this week, so I got all my indoor and outdoor honey-do's done.

   I've been following the news in seeing that the world is getting more insane, not less, and I am grateful to have my job, not just because it's a job, but because it's a job that keeps me out of pop culture's reach. I do wish it didn't keep me so close to New York, just because there's plenty of angry people elsewhere who feel like NY needs an atomic enema, and here I am sailing around the 'taint. 

1 comment:

OldAFSarge said...

That last sentence? Priceless.