Friday, August 5, 2016

Dammit, I'm still here!

I volunteered to work 5 extra days on one of our chartered barges. Turns out, I'm staying for 12 days.
 Ain't that a kick in the balls. I'm helping out a friend.


       Anyhow, I'm doing what I ought not- 70+ days at work.

 As you might imagine, I'm not a real big ray of fucking sunshine right now. I can handle this, of course. 70 days is just a partial-voyage for a ship mariner.

          I'm working damn near nonstop, from the moment I get out of bed to the moment I go to sleep. I'm not at all familiar with the barge type I'm working on, so I work slower. Luckily I had help- my right hand man is a regular on here.

well, he was until my employer's HR, in all their mighty wisdom, replaced him with a brand new guy who just finished training.
       Well, so it goes. The new guy has lots of potential and is careful. More importantly, he chooses not to be insulted that I'm absolutely avoiding everyone. I'm working, doing the job. I don't want to be an absolute dong to everyone I see, so I try not to see everyone.

 4 more days, then I get to go back to the HQ for another month.

fuck. I'm getting too old for this shit.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

suck it up sunshine. you volunteered.