Wednesday, August 21, 2013

quiet midwatch

After a short, blissful stint at a lay berth, it's back to work tomorrow around lunchtime. We took the down time to right some wrongs on board, throw a painting party, and service all the engines, generators, pumps, compressors, hydraulics, etc. Even the deck crane got some lovin.'  We had time to change out a round dozen grease fittings to encourage the main bearing to not squeak and scare the crap out of the operator when under heavy loads.

 Anyhow, after a couple days of sleeping like a human being, it's back to watches, so I got up at 2200 to start the day, as I'm on the midwatch (midnight to 0800). Job doesn't start until after my watch ends, so I have time to get my 3-mile walk around the deck edge (many, many circles) and kill some trees in preparation for tomorrow before watching TV.

 Anyhow, I'm tired and a touch out of sorts. Gotta get back into rhythm. Here's some nice Brazilian girls to make us all happy.




No comments: