Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Time Flying

Man, time really flies when you're at home vs floating around on and in a big metal gas can.

   It's been a hell of a ride. First week was a lot of obligations and errands, this week is (in theory) more about relaxing and having some shop time and fun at home.

      Celebrating an anniversary milestone, Inappropriately Hot Foreign Wife and I spent the weekend at Key West. It was a good time, as most people know. On the way down, we met famous plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Rey "Dr. 90210," who had a reality show in the early days of reality shows. Great guy, and he lived in Boston for a bunch of years, and hearing my accent, was immediately on a tour down memory lane. We ended up talking for about an hour and a half. Since the guy is Brazilian (we met him in Boca Raton, which has a massive Brazilian population), and fluent in both English and Portuguese, conversation was free and easy with all three of us.

 We also ended up in the middle of  a Corsa America Rally, and I'll write about that when I'm back at work. Basically 150 supercars and their owners in town for a good time. Quite a show.

        I scored a HUGE bargain on some supersweet walnut and rock maple planks- it was such a good deal that it's actually worth me buying a jointer-planer to mill them down... which I'll hopefully be able to do this weekend. Buy the planer, I mean. I doubt I'll have time to mess with the wood too much. Got other irons in the fire.

 At any rate, I'm not dead but I also have stuff I want to do today, so I'm out.

No comments: