Saturday, June 23, 2012

longish commute

Not bad. That's my thought on the commute down from Boston to Philadelphia today. I got here in 6.5 hours, with about 45 minutes lost in NY waiting my turn to cross the George Washington bridge. For someone who usually makes that run at oh-dark-thirty on a weeknight, it wasn't fun. There were people EVERYWHERE, but hell, it wasn't as bad as the 10+ hour trip home last time, so all's well. All the same, I'm looking forward to resuming my nighttime drives on the other side.
 Regardless, I'm here now, and moved back in, and settling nicely. We've got a bunch of remedial work to do to finish undoing the mess made last time I was on, and this has led to an opportunity to do some serious maintenance- looks like we'll get to 100% pull our pumps during the upcoming week, as they just ain't working no mo', so, while this will be a nasty mess, it will also be a chance to really get us in fighting trim now that (I assume) we've come to the end of our contract for now.

 But that's a post for another day...

No comments: