Monday, June 18, 2012

because it's my ball, and I want to go home.

The other night, I posted a facebook, uh, post, where I mentioned that the muslims in Nigeria yet again were engaging in their favorite hobby, killing Christians. A friend, a very intelligent friend, took exception to the fact that this was the second such post on the matter in as many weeks. She proceeded to write a well-reasoned but naive piece on how since muslims make up 20% of the world, and other religions have engaged in equally shameful behavior in the past, that they should get a pass.
   Ultimately, rather than argue on the merits of holding people equally accountable for crimes against humanity based on the crimes, and not on their wonderful religion, I chose to delete her rant, since it was annoying and took too long to read, and, at that, wasn't worth my time (and if she's a reader here, I apologize for my harsh opinion. Your reasoning was awful, given that we rarely agree on matters of politics, and you have a fantastic handle on the language and rhetoric in general- the post in question was a lump of coal amidst your usual diamonds).
   I guess I pissed her off by deleting the post. My explanation was simple. It's my fucking facebook page, and i like debate, but it has to be reasoned debate.
 And that's all I have to say about that.
      I've discovered also that bud light, while making inoffensive, easy to drink in quantity beer, now makes an alcohol-heavy variety. I have taken to bringing one or two with me into the bath at night along with my e-reader, rubber duck and phone. I find that a hot bath at the end of a hard day (of drinking) is nice.


3 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

And the Rubber ducks make it a solid win!

BTW when Mr. Duckling starts discussing political points, its time to ditch the beer and switch to coffee, and drain the bath and put the shower on COLD!

Oh and drink plenty of water, it makes the puke less clumpy!

Eric O. said...

Is this friend who I think it is because it sure sounds like one of my ex-roommates?

Paul, Dammit! said...

Nope... but you do know her well. Good person, just completely, utterly polar opposite to us.