Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes...

So, whilst on the phone with Inappropriately Hot Foreign Wife tonight, she asked me if I miss working on ships. "Yes," I said, "sometimes very much, but I miss you more." What slipped out then was piped directly from my subconscious, waaaaaay in the back of my mind, giving my amygdala, frontal lobe and prefrontal cortex the slip, and sneaking right past the filter that sits just between brain and jaw. "If I ever do go back, though, we're going to move to Brazil to live."

Where the hell did that come from? I've never really thought about it, but, yeah, I probably would want to move there if I went back to sailing away for months at a time. The fastest growing economy in our hemisphere, a fine exchange rate with the concurrent higher standard of living (for us)? Sure. Not to mention that I won't be living at the Ant Farm anymore, and that's a fine thing.

1 comment:

Bill Elms said...

guess my moving itch is contagious!