Thursday, January 21, 2016

Disaster preparation, New York Style (NSFW)

So we're expecting snow tomorrow night. 8 inches, or, as I still think of it, just enough to cancel school tomorrow in Boston. But we're not in Boston, and I'm not in school. In New York, this is considered a fairly annoying pain in the ass, perhaps moreseo than in Boston, but only somewhat, as there's less places to put the damn shit after it gets plowed.

     In the media, of course, tomorrow is armageddon. The news is freaking out, with massive erections everywhere as they spread the joyous gospel of fear and clusterfucks.

Snow is also annoying to put up with here aboard HAWSEPIPER's Afloat Global HQ/ Halfway House for Unrepentant Capitalists. Preparation includes taking an ax to the barrels full of salt to break up the chunks, getting any moveable shit off the deck that doesn't belong there, pulling out the tarps that lie under the mooring hawsers (there are I think 17 of them) and putting them over the unused hawsers like a blanket, and that's about it, except for the shoveling after.
  There is a LOT of shoveling that gets done. Sucks, but I grew up with it. No big deal. We already have food, so it's not like we need to run out and do battle for our supplies to make french toast, as all northerners do when there's a snowstorm coming.


 Well, anyhow, to keep the cold at bay, I recommend warm thoughts. These Brazilian women should help.












        As always, I try to keep the quality of these photos and the respective models to the high standards my readers expect. Periodically, I do have to do some research.


3 comments:

Irish said...

I'll eat whatever #1 is cooking.

Stay safe down there.

doubletrouble said...

This has been a weird wintah up Nawth. I haven't really plowed my road, yet (did 'grade' it some). I really think the newsies were depressed when they learned the storm of the century (aren't they all?) wasn't going to get up here. Last year, 8" would be a dusting; this year it would be a catastrophe. Just ask my cat.
Don't slip off the deck.

Anonymous said...

8" is nothing. I don't even breaknout my bobcat unless its over a foot.

Of course we are on year 2 of never having to break it out. I think it was 2010 or 2009 that i had piles 7 feet tall along the road and could walk from my office buildings roof to the build next doors roof on the drifts of snow.

Exile1981