Sunday, February 15, 2015

Fcuk (Part 4)

Well, the temperature is ONE DEGREE. Luckily, the wind is gusting upwards of 50mph, so there's just no chance whatsoever of anything not being frozen solid out on deck. Gonna be a long couple of days.

    32 years I've been drawing a check from working on the water (I started at age 8 for $10 a day), which does sometimes include working when it's cold outside. So when I say that it's a good idea to leave a sink with the water running at a trickle overnight to keep the pipes from freezing, I'm speaking on experience.

 So I was a little perturbed to find no water running when I woke up at midnight, and now there's no fucking running water. So, no cooking, no toilets, and the fucking microwave's broken, too, so cooking's going to be interesting. What with the temperatures, it's lot like tea or a hot meal would be appreciated anyhow. FML 2 times.

     I'm a lovely shade of purple-red right now, and in a couple hours, we'll be working out in Stapleton Anchorage here in NY, where there's just no getting out of this fucking wind.

 Ah well. I'll be home soon. In a ... month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there, paul.

blowspittle said...

but-- what's it really like?

Well, either the head odors freeze and cannot escape, or your olfactory nerves are numbed, because you did not mention that..yet.

good luck, Yar! we need a 24-hr deli/bbq/takeout diner sampan in the anchorage. I'd do galley duty for the sea time.