Saturday, October 25, 2014

crap, stand by.

OK, so I spent 2 1/2 hours writing a masterpiece of humor about interactive safety training DVD's tonight. And, having reviewed it, there's no way I can publish it without getting bit on the ass it reflecting badly on my employer, who is trying to deal with governmental demand for kabuki theatre when it comes to safety, while the folks in the home office are actually trying to keep employees safe.


 So, sad as it is, I have to keep these thoughts to myself, something that doesn't come naturally to me. But it WAS hilarious, and the satire, I thought, was a very poignant way to highlight my deeply-held low opinion of how the .gov handles maritime issues.


 And now I have no vehicle for only hinting at the insanity of many forms of governmental oversight in the maritime world, and how this creates an environment that demands kabuki, not results.
 Which leaves me no choice but to highlight a few in the near future, with no sublety at all.

 So, stay tuned for the next post, "We are Very Concerned for Your Bowels."

3 comments:

Irish said...

You could forward it anonymously to a fellow blogger to publish ;-). IYKWIMAITYD

Anonymous said...

I would be happy to re-blog it on my blog (www.captjillsjourneys.wordpress.com).
I know exactly what you mean and have made a few posts in the same vein myself. I'm not really all that concerned about getting fired at this point (tho I do still have to have SOME discretion).

Jill said...

forgot to put my email...

jps_77566@yahoo.com


feel free to contact me :-)

Capt Jill