Wednesday, June 8, 2011

hiding in the house

I made it back to New York at about midnight. An easy ride, more or less, with the usual horrors and ridiculous traffic in Connecticut that is their only claim to fame there. With only a week to spend at home, Inappropriately Hot Foreign Wife and I were running all-out in doing the usual household business, making pit-stop length visits with family that really highlighted how badly my current schedule is burning the candle at both ends. Regardless, we managed to buy what needs buying and handle the legal and procedural hoop-jumping ancillary to our upcoming visit to Brazil next month.
In between our full-of necessary-but-rarely-fun laundry list of chores, we also managed to squeeze in some good times. The Boy and I spent a day at the New England Aquarium, and the Mrs. and I celebrated our third anniversary, which was fantastic, as I got to play tour guide in Newport, RI, a place where I hadn't been in 15 years. I, of course, stuck out like a bull in a china shop, but my wife was pretty content in knocking elbows with the hoi polloi. Anyways, as you can see in this first picture, I classed up the place everywhere I went.

2 comments:

TheLordThyGod said...

I used to go to school in Bristol, so I made my way to Newport a few times. Its a little strange seeing boats whose fuel cost more than all the money I will ever make in my life.

Also, be careful if you smoke pot - RI cops can be a little over zealous when it comes to cracking down on lazy unmotivated riff-raff like myself.

Good food too.

Paul, Dammit! said...

hahaha, you went to Roger Williams! I spent a lot of weekends there in college. I don't moke da dank, though. Something about driving a floating bomb around NY makes people want to collect my pee on a pretty regular basis.