Saturday, November 27, 2010

cheat day

So I'm sitting at my desk on a saturday morning, and I've got the house to myself. My wife and boy are at an all-day church-related affair, and I am catching up on bills and paperwork, and also eating cold pizza and drinking full-strength, sugared soda. And it's good. Basically, I'm having salt, sugar, cholesterol, and probably some nitrates, triglycerides and what have you, too. Can't remember the last time I ate this badly, but it's been a long while. And it's mighty nice. I'll probably spend the next three days curled up in a ball next to the toilet, but whatever.

I'm home for an abbreviated time, however. Much has happened in the past 10 days. I stayed on an extra week at work, because the wedding of the year is happening just a few days after I was due back. So, I arranged for a relief, and managed to score a fill-in job up in New York harbor to jog my schedule into alignment with my plans.
Well, plans change. Looks like I was a hit in New York, because I am apparently transferring up there some time next month. We'll have to see what that entails, I guess. For now, however, I'm thinking no further ahead than this afternoon, when I plan on warming a bar seat with my butt for a while and spend some time with friends.

2 comments:

Ebb Tide said...

Welcome to The Big Apple, New York Harbor. Look forward to seeing you out there in between rants and transfers. Go Irish! Ebb Tide, survey boat capt, Great Lakes Dredge & Dock

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul, thought you might find this one of interest:

http://www.slate.com/id/2274626/entry/2274627/