Friday, October 22, 2021

on walkabout

 It's not my birthday, but we're at the lay berth in Brooklyn today, moored to a barge that is laid up (unmanned, shut down), and out of the way, and I don't have orders today. Amazingly, I have today free, and other than waiting for an electrician to show up (the compressor for our air receivers (tanks) is acting up), I can go out for a walk and pick up some fresh produce. 


    My plan today is to walk down Brooklyn Bridge Park, pick up the pedestrian bridge entrance in the Dumbo neighborhood, do a lap across the bridge to Manhattan and back, and stop at the grocery store. 

 7 miles all told. 


 Oh, the laid up barge was the one I rode in the Caribbean a few years ago. Good adventure, great barge. 


1 comment:

Rob said...

When I hear of someone waiting for the electrician I think of "Waiting For The Electrician Or Someone Like Him", a comedy album by The Firesign Theatre.

That as the early 70's and other than the title I can't remember a thing!