Sunday, November 11, 2018

One year

It's hard to reconcile with my memories, but my mom passed a year ago today.

    In most ways, it seems longer. My life has changed quite a bit since then. Handling the disposal of her estate I guess was good closure for me.

 Despite all the changes, and all the details, I still get the urge to call and check in, which was my habit. Until I was 40, when I was home, I stopped at her house 3-4 days a week to check in. Not doing that left  a pretty big hole in my life. It feels like a lifetime since she passed away, but in many ways it feels like just a few weeks have passed. I can't really reconcile that part of my life. 
    Well, I'm not too messed up today. Of course i miss her, and I probably always will. But she and my dad busted their balls raising us, and did a good job at it. I wasn't ready to say goodbye, but they gave us enough emotional stability to weather it.

1 comment:

Tsgt Joe said...

Even though its been 19 years there are times I still wish I could talk to my dad